Tuesday, August 11, 2009

We Like Dislike to Move it Move it

Moving Day 1:
It's been a very long day. We're not out of
Texas yet though, so that’s okay. We started out at 5 AM getting the unpacked packed into the car and getting Hunter ready to go. We didn’t get out of the house until 6:40. We needed to go by my dad’s work to say goodbye (the hardest thing I've ever done in my whole life) by 6:50, it was a tight trip.

Of course, it wouldn’t be me if I did not forget something. We got about 15 miles down the road when we realized we’d forgotten my purse (which holds all my DL and military dependent ID) so we had to turn around and go back. Poor Kiefer, he tried so hard to leave by 6. However, turning back into Willis had it’s perks. We plugged Fort Stockton into the GPS and it led us a shorter (mileage) and faster way to get here. There was no traffic (all country highways) and the speed limit was 80 MPH. Kiefer’s grandfather had a 70 mile head start on us, and we reached Fort Stockton at the same time. Pretty cool, if I do say so myself.

It was pretty uneventful, Hunter played with his (many) new toys that his Godfather Noble got him and had a pretty relaxing 440 mile ride. He had one freak out, apparently the sound of windshield wipers scare him. I think this is a new development, but I’ve only driven in the rain with him 2 or 3 times, so maybe I just got lucky.

So now, we rest. We have a long day a head of us tomorrow, too. It’s Tucson or bust.

*Pictures are crappy, they're off my cell.

3 comments:

  1. Yay for smooth first days!!!! Remember...its an ADVENTURE...repeat after me....ADVENTURE....
    woooooooooooo....who doesnt love a good ADVENTURE????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well better late than never I suppose. Glad ya'll made it to your stop safe and sound and hopefully today is going a little smoother!

    ReplyDelete