Friday, August 21, 2009

Got a couple of dents in my fender, rips in my jeans..

*Ignore the ridiculously large bin of trash--that was maintenance's mess!*
We've been getting settled this last week, hence the lack of posts, but no worries--I am alive. We're completely unpacked, except for a few boxes down in the storage room. Those will probably never be unpacked, mainly because they're full of junk sentimental items that I don't want to display, but still not throw out.

Hunter started cruising (walking along the furniture) this week. I can't believe how fast he's growing up, it seems like just yesterday he'd just curl up on my chest and fall asleep. Oh speaking of which, he doesn't always sleep in boxes, which I received quite a few emails about people thinking it was pretty darn funny. At night he sleeps securely in his crib in his room, and during the day he naps in his pack and play here in the living room. He does it pretty adorably, too. See?
Today is Kiefer's first day back to work. I think he was ready to go back, he loves being home but he also loves his job. I'm so glad that we're all finally together and that there isn't another deployment (*fingers crossed*) for at least another year. There will be work-ups, but those are only a month.
Oh, how I am so glad we're all together finally. Once we're completely settled, I plan on posting photos room-by-room. I just want to get the frames and decor up before I do that!
Anyhow, I've got to wrap this up so I can start dinner and of course have some play time with Mr. H!

I ran across this song on a photography website, I absolutely love it. It's just so catchy and the lyrics are well-written.





1 comment:

  1. So glad all is going well!!! That happens to be one of Chase's favorite songs (she is coming here in concert too)!

    ReplyDelete