Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Every New Beginning Comes From Some Other Beginning's End

Cue cheesy intro music.

I am a Texan by way of California, soon to be misplaced again in California by the Marine Corps with my husband and son. I am a new mommy, a proud Marine Corps wife, novice photographer, ex-hairstylist (well, kinda, but more about that another time), aspiring high school history teacher and I think I am pretty neat--not that I'm biased or anything

I am a work in progress. My family comes first and nothing could ever change that. I love decorating and doing anything remotely crafty. I am no Suzie Homemaker, though I do wish I could channel June Cleaver. However, I am not coordinated enough to vacuum in heels and I don’t cook well at all. I own way too many pairs of shoes (is there really a such thing, though, seriously?) and adore huge sunglasses. I'm a pretty nice person, if you ask me, and enjoy it when people are nice to me in return. I take things to the heart and cry pretty easily, but it's only with the best intentions. I change my mind constantly and tend to forget everything.

The facts? I was born and raised in California, so I’m not really the new kid in town state. However, I’m originally from Northern California—so I’m new in this part of the state. I prefer Texas to any other of the states but home for now is where the Marine Corps sends us, and that’s how it’s going to have to be. For a little bit, anyway. I have an awesome 7 ½ month old son named Hunter Scott, and a great husband who just returned from a 6 month deployment, Kiefer. I am for now a SAHM and a student, along with doing photography part-time.

I started to start a blog with the hopes of staying connected with my family and friends still in Texas and to get connected to the new friends I will meet along the way, as I venture to California with my husband and child next week.

*Oh, and yes, I do realize my hair is not the same in any of these pictures. I change it often, and some days even I forget what color it currently is.


3 comments:

  1. This looks fantastic! I need to get some different designs for my page. I am so unoriginal! I am so glad you started this blog. :)

    It just hit me today that you are leaving NEXT WEEK....I know i dont get to see you guys every day but just knowing you were around the corner was sufficiant for me. That I COULD see you if I wanted to, now you will be too far for me to just hop in the car and meet you for lunch-or for you to come down to the house. I can deal with Boy sr. being gone, I am getting used to that, I just cant take ALL of you being gone at the same time! I am REALLY REALLY quite sad today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll miss you a lot too! I'm not looking forward to saying goodbye to anyone, especially family. We'll be home for Christmas though!! Oh and if you click the button on the upper left corner--they've got a ton of free backgrounds for blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, welcome to the land of blog!!! I'm so glad you are doing this so maybe ya'll won't seem quite as far away! Be safe and post lots and lots for us to read and see!!!

    ReplyDelete