Friday, September 18, 2009

I can't wear my sunglasses in traffic

Yep, the title is true. Random fact for you. If traffic gets heavy, the sunglasses go to the top of my head. I also am afraid of freeways. I actually have a lot of qualms associated with being in a car. Kiefer and I are actually on the hunt for a larger, safer vehicle for me. So maybe I'll be able to go to base and get on the freeway, and not take back roads (which is pretty sucky) all the way through San Diego and take and hour or more driving 12 miles.
This was Hunter's reaction to his Halloween skunk costume. That face, is not a happy one. Poor baby. It's the hood that scared him. We'll paint his face for trick-or-treating (going with a couple we know who has older children) that way he doesn't have to wear the hood, and you can still tell he's a skunk.
Not that the stripe down his back and the fuzzy tummy doesn't shout "hey look at me!" However, if we put the hood up, he'll become a real stinker.
I hope I'm not a terrible mother for taking these photos as he was throwing a fit. I was trying to capture the cuteness, since Kiefer was on 24 hour guard duty and. I was trying to get a good photo on my phone to send to him so he could see it.
So now we look forward to a weekend of (hopefully) sleeping in, (hopefully) no work call-ins for Kiefer, and a peaceful, quiet, relaxing home.

Oh and here's my recipe for Kelly's Korner "Show us how you live" go-to dinner recipes. I am new to this housewife gig, but I've definitely been trying and I've made this quite a bit this last month. To give credit, I got it off of cooks.com, I think.
Chicken and Dumplings
*I serve them with simple boiled okra and red potatoes*

4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
2 tablespoons butter
2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
1 onion, finely diced
2 (10 ounce) packages refrigerated biscuit dough, torn into pieces

1. Place the chicken, butter, soup, and onion in a slow cooker, and fill with enough water to cover.
2. Cover, and cook for 5 to 6 hours on High. About 30 minutes before serving, place the torn biscuit dough in the slow cooker. Cook until the dough is no longer raw in the center.


1 comment:

  1. Hunter is adorable and I don't think you are bad for the taking the pictures - we are guilty of it too!!! ;o)

    I'm so going to try that recipe, sounds like something I can put on before work if I modify it a little and I'm all about dinner being ready when we get home! :o)

    ReplyDelete