Monday, September 14, 2009

And the envelope please....

Pet Peeves... Maybe I'm just easily irritated but I have quite a few. Call this a b..ching post if you must, maybe I'm just sleepy. However, I thought this could be fun, no blog hop or anything like that but a few blogs are doing it, and I'm picking up on that too.
*He's not a pet peeve, he's just cute and has learned how to climb stairs!*
1. Standing to close in conversation
I was a hair stylist at one point, I get the whole sometimes you have to invade personal space to do something. However--that is not the case to get your point across. I will not invade your bubble, please do not invade mine.
2. Smacking your gum.
If you're going to chew gum, don't do it like a cow. And for the sake of all etiquette classes--not in my ear on the telephone!
3. Tossing around words in conversation that mean something else, but using them as an insult.
This is probably my top peeve. People do not realize how offensive it is when they call someone "gay" or "a retard." To each their own on opinions on homosexuality, but personally, I have family and friends who are GLBTQ--and I love them just the way they are.
More offensive to me is the term "retard" being thrown around in conversation. Those who use that word have never had a person with a mental special need in your family, or if you have--you're just ignorant.
4. People who call way too early. Self explanatory. The actual reason for this post. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment