Sunday, October 18, 2009

Pumpkin Patch Poky

Yesterday we took Hunter to Oma's Oldtime Pumpkin Patch. We had a blast, and he really seemed to enjoy himself. He got to ride a tractor (well, daddy held on), a milk truck, a (fake) cow, and pick out his own personal pumpkin.
We also had some friends and their brand new baby over last night. She's tinier than Hunter ever was, for sure! So cute. Hunter just looked at her like "what are you???" Haha. It was a nice night, the guys grilled steaks and then we played Marine Corps Monopoly. I lost terribly. I'm not good at that game at all. Kiefer won, which he has been bragging about all day.
Today we're off to the commissary as soon as Hunter is up from his nap (he's been down for an 1 1/2 hours now, which is terrific for him). The rest of the day I'll be cleaning, and Kiefer is going to change my oil and fix his window regulator in his car. Pretty boring day. :)
I'll wrap this up with more of my favorite pictures from the patch!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Cody Sharene!

    I'm Krista, the admin at overmckmama. First... Hello! Thank you for contributing at OHIH!
    I've searched for your email and cannot find one- so I'll my message here if that's cool!

    I'm so sorry about the attempted break in. The 911 dispatcher should have NEVER told you to search for the intruder. That is absolutely unheard of. I would HIGHLY recommend you call the Head Honcho of your local 911 division and file a firm complaint. I would also contact the head of military police and local police and file a firm complaint. This may also help with an eventual transfer to the base. As scary as it was, I'm sure... thankfully the intruder was not successful and you and the children are safe. BUT... if this 911 dispatcher tries this again on someone else- the outcome may not be as successful. I would contact the Big Guys immediately.
    I'm elated you and your family are safe. Although I'm sure the mental aspect is still a burden... be safe and follow through so this does not happen to someone else.

    In lighter news... how do you like San Diego? I was in Encinitas for a couple years and enjoyed it!

    Thanks again for hanging at OHIH!

    (And whoa- the wee one is a cutie!)

    Krista

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just had to leave you a comment because the little one is adorable..and if you don't know by now...i love babies and children.
    Glad to see you on OHIH !

    ReplyDelete