Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Not So Much Fun

I hate this state.

No really, I do.... No more "just give it a chance, you'll begin to love it." Bah humbug.
We had an attempted break in yesterday, and it was probably one of the scariest moments of my life.
Hunter and I were playing in our living room watching the television at 10:42 yesterday morning and Ryker (the boy I babysit) was asleep upstairs, when the alarm system started to sound. I ran upstairs with Hunter and locked the doors, and called 911. The 911 dispatcher had me go downstairs and check the house because the police had another call across town and were too busy to come out unless I could physically spot an intruder (I've complained to La Mesa PD about this) and I looked through the house (locked the boys upstairs), the only thing I could see was the door from the garage was unlocked but not open and the garage door was closed also. The screen door was cracked open but the sliding glass door was still closed in the kitchen. The dispatcher was nice enough to stay on the phone with me while I checked the house and got off the phone and called National Public Safety and they said they were sending a security guard out. After I called them, I hung up and called the apartment's office to let them know what was going on, she blew me off basically telling me it was the "crazy times" we were living in. About 30-35 minutes after, the security guard showed up, and was very polite and nice. He checked the garage and all rooms and closets, and gave me his card, checked my military i.d. and left.. I called Kiefer's squadron to tell him and they were so undermanned that he couldn't come home but he did call the management office and tell them they will be moving us to another site (the same people run all of the military housing in the city). So now we wait, to be told if we can get into different housing that we want, and if not we may be moving on to base. We're trying to avoid that though, because it's full BAH and that's an additional $500 than what we're paying now.
I'm just relieved we're all safe...

2 comments:

  1. Perhaps yall SHOULD MOVE. Thats scary. Smart to lock the boys in the bedroom but not smart to go down stairs. The 911 operator was wrong to tell you that. Why didnt the alarm company call you???

    Maybe they were trying to break in to steal and bury that awful shirt Kiefer has on in this picture....(only kidding).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... I cant believe they gave you such a big run-around! That's scary!

    ReplyDelete