Sunday, December 20, 2009

T'was the week before Christmas

We took Hunter to see the Christmas lights in a neighborhood in nearby Santee last night. He loved it. The entire neighborhood participates and each house sells things for a charity of their choice. Some houses had cookies, some had glow sticks, there were even some that had fried chocolate pies--amazing! The "fee" for coming in the neighborhood was a can of food per person to donate to the food bank in Santee. It's a great deal!
Well, today--exhausted me. To say the very least. We woke up bright and early to hit the mall, and had a list of things to accomplish today. Ha! I did manage to get my haircut, a much needed one, since I haven't had it cut since June and it was looking pretty rough. Better pictures to come. I like it a lot, it's very textured with heavy swoop bangs and feels and looks so much healthier!
We planned on taking Hunter to see Santa today, but there were pushy people who cut in an already outrageously long line and were very rude if you spoke up for yourself. We're going to try Monday morning, when hopefully, people will be working--since Kiefer is on leave now until after the new year!
After this photo was taken, we pulled into our garage--which was a disaster in itself. Kiefer and I were engaged in conversation and not paying attention, when we both shut our doors on the car. Well, apparently if you have the car off and you shut the front two doors, open the back "gate" door and shut that, it auto locks so your car is "safe." Well, whoever came up with this concept, does not have children. Hunter, poor baby, was locked in the backseat (thankfully asleep, otherwise the tantrum would have been super). Of course, my keys were in my purse and Kiefers keys were in the car, so I went to get my purse. Until I realized it was in the car. As was my cell phone. Luckily, Kiefer had his phone and we called our apartment complex's 24 hour hot line and they provided (FREE!) a guy to come out and slimjim the window. Luckily, the car was off, we were safe in the garage and Hunter didn't even wake up until the guy unlocked the doors! What luck! Thank you Lincoln Housing (and I don't say that very often!!)

**Sorry for the terrible quality of the photos, they're from my phone**

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet blog this is...and your lil guy??? Darling...if we lived near you, our boys could play together. :)

    ReplyDelete